Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Loupe-Lamp

First thing, credit where credit is due: Dhananjay Gadre for the original idea.

I had to do my own - using EagleCAD of course. Here is the process - it's a pretty good rundown on the Toner-Transfer etch-resist method in my last entry.

Steps I'll insert later:

1) EagleCAD layout
2) Printing
3) Copper-clad board prep
4) Laminating the toner to the copper-clad

5) Soaking the paper off - love the way the HP Everyday Photo Paper releases when I print on the back-side of the paper:



6) Peeling the paper - it should lift right off...


After removing the paper, waiting for the etchant:


7) Etch (this picture is post-etching):


8) After removing the toner with Acetone:


Ready for population:


LED's and 56ohm resistors NOTE LED POLARITY!


10) Solder paste applied on pads and 11) components placed on paste. I could've used a wee bit more paste, but it was good enough:



After 12) Reflow:


Yay, it works!

No comments: